How to Suggest Changes
To add a resource to this site:
- Navigate to the appropriate list for your open resource:
- Click the edit (pencil) icon in the top right corner.
- Add your information to the list in the appropriate section.
- Click “propose file change” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “create pull request.”
- Provide a brief description of what you’re proposing.
- Click “Create pull request.”
We will first double check that your submission is accurate. Once confirmed, we will accept the change, and the site will update to make it available.
Example of a Change
Each of the open technology items is described by its metadata, and this metadata is used to autogenerate the html necessary for the item to show up in this site so people can find and use it.
For example, if you wanted to add a new data set called “My Sample Data Server,” you would open the _data/apis.yml file and add four new lines for your new metadata item. Make sure to set values for all elements.
- title: Data.CDC.gov id: data-cdc-gov url: https://data.cdc.gov tagline: "Data.CDC.gov is a repository..." - title: My Sample Data Server id: some-unique-id-wont-be-displayed url: https://urlto.my.server.com tagline: "This tagline shows as the description for my new data set and will help users understand my data, so they can better use it."